We are looking forward to your show
If you have are interested in booking a show or have been chosen to play at the ACMA Listening Room there are a few things that you might want to know:
- We are a smoke-free venue. However, smoking is allowed outside.
- We are located at 2756 McGregor Blvd-Ft. Myers, FL 33901 (In the All Faiths Unitarian Congregation building)
- Parking is available in front of the building
- We promote all performances through paid advertising and in several free local publications.
- We will include your performance on our website and calendar.
- We will post on social media and send out information in an ACMA E-News mailing.
- Please e-mail a request for media contacts. We find that performers who reach out to local media outlets have a higher audience attendance.
- To further increase the number of folks who come out for your concert, it is a good idea to send us some posters to place around the area. We also encourage you to send us a bio and a picture (JPG) to include in press releases.
- We will schedule a local Musician to open for our Traveling Artists. Their set will be approx. ½ hour.
No compensation is offered to the local musician, however, they will be able to sell merchandise if they so choose.
- Local Musicians may or may not have an opening Act- This should be discussed with the Booking Coordinator. (use link above)
- Touring Musicians: If you need overnight accommodations, one of our members should be able to help. Be sure to let us know if you have any allergies, special likes or dislikes and we will do our best to accommodate you. Touring musicians should Coordinate with Alice during the booking process.
Very Important for all Bookings: Local & Touring musicians, please Do not forget to include a poster for ACMA to hang up as well.
Please send posters directly to ACMA Listening Room c/o Alice – 244 Lakeview Dr. Ft. Myers, Fl. 33917 at least 2 weeks prior to performance. Also please send a Flyer via email (Jpeg) to: PlayACMA@aol.com
THE VENUE PROVIDES:
- Area to set up promotional merchandise items for sale
- If you are sitting we need to know in advance whether to provide stools, or armless chairs
- Sound: the ACMA system is an Alto Live 1202 -12 channel mixer, with 3 1000 Mackie thump 12 inch speakers and 3 Shure SM58 mics with stands. Please advise us in advance if you will not need our system as it requires set up.
- Buffet Dinner evening of the show for musicians and volunteers
SUGGESTED DONATION (for performer):
We urge performers to have a “suggested donation” included on flyers and posters. We normally advertise $15 non-member/$10 member donation at the door. Please discuss with our booking coordinators if you have another price point, but be sure to keep in mind whether you have a local fan base to support that.
As a not for profit organization we are only able to survive by donations – we generally receive 20%/25% of the door for touring musicians and 40% for local musicians. (We ask 5% less for touring musicians if you do decide to use your own sound system).
Of course we love benefits where at least 50% is donated to ACMA as well – please let us know what you would like to donate. Benefits should be stated as such on promotional materials.
Performers make sure to Finalize Booking: Once a date and time have been set for you to play the ACMA, Please check that you have agreed to and acknowledged the above and fill out our information form and submit. Thank you, we look forward to hosting you!